Considered as the most difficult and technical long-distance walk of Europe, the GR20 attracts walkers from all over the world looking for a challenge.
The south side of the GR20, being considered as easier, is still a great holiday for experienced hikers. Even though the relief is less abrupt than in the north, the landscapes remain magnificent and varied everyday. From the Forest of Vizzavona to the Needles of Bavella, here is a carefully prepared itinerary which will give you a superb trekking holiday.
This circuit will allow you to discover the most beautiful and the wildest areas of Corsica all with the aid of a guide.
Your day by day program
We will meet in the morning in Ajaccio before transferring to the col de Bavella. This day we will do a wonderfull loop around Bavella, with amazing views on the sea.
Roughly 5h30 of walking. +600m; -600m.
We will start very early on the morning, before the sunset! A long but wonderfull stage today. Through the needles of Bavella you will reach Asinao and the plateau du Cusione.
Night at the Bergerie (shepherd’s huts). Roughly 7h30 of walking. +1394m, -1077m.
Today we walk on along the edge of a ridge, between blocks of granite which have been shaped by the wind. In the background we have a stunning view of the Tyrrhenian sea. Night in a refuge. About 4h30 of walking. +637m, -424m.
We continue with our progression towards the north via a high route in amongst the mountain peaks and along the ridge which separates the oriental plain from the valley of Taravu. Night in a gite at the Col de Verde.
Roughly 7 hours of walking. +790m, -1210m.
After crossing through the beech forest of Marmano, we will reach the ‘Plateau des Pozzi’, where we can visit a local shepherd’s place which is still active. You can also meet with the local shepherd. Night in a gite at Capanelle.
Roughly 6 hours of walking. +1000m, -700m.
Today we have the opportunity to climb Monte Renoso, the highest summit in the south of Corsica at 2352m. Return to the gite via the lake of Bastani. Night in the gite at Capanelle.
5 hours of walking. +/- 760m.
We follow an ancient mule track, which brings us to the col de Palmente (1640m). The oriental (east) coast offers us a vast panorama including over the ‘les étangs de Diana et d'Urbinu’ (two lagoons). We will descend through the beech forest of Vizzavona before returning to Ajaccio. Roughly 5 hours of walking. +220m, -890m.
|19 May 2018||25 May 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|26 May 2018||01 June 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|02 June 2018||08 June 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|09 June 2018||15 June 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|16 June 2018||22 June 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|23 June 2018||29 June 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|30 June 2018||06 July 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|07 July 2018||13 July 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|14 July 2018||20 July 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|21 July 2018||27 July 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|28 July 2018||03 August 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|04 August 2018||10 August 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|11 August 2018||17 August 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|18 August 2018||24 August 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|25 August 2018||31 August 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|01 September 2018||07 September 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|08 September 2018||14 September 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|15 September 2018||21 September 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
|22 September 2018||28 September 2018||700 €||4 more persons required||Book|
- Ajaccio. Meet at the bus and maritime station reception hall at 8h00 on day 1. Our team will then take care of your main luggage. Be ready and prepared for the first walk.
- The trip finishes on day 7 in Ajaccio at the end of the day (the walk will finish at Vizzavona at around 03.00pm, then there will be a transfer to Ajaccio).
- Mountain refuges and gîtes. (shared dormitories with shared toilets and shower).
- Minimum 6
- You need to be used to trekking in the mountains. Average 6-7 hours of hiking per day (averaging +/-500m) on sometimes difficult trails.
- You will have access to your main bag on the following evenings: 2, 4, 5 and 6. You will need to carry a day sack with enough items for two days at a time on days 1-2, 3-4. On days 5, 6 and 7, you only need to carry a day sack.
- Full board.
- Transfers described in the itinerary.
- Local assistance.
- Services of a local mountain guide (AEM certificate from the French state).
- Luggage transfers (see the description for more details).
- Holiday insurance.
- Transfers to the meeting point.
- Transfers from the ending point.
- Personal expenses.