Don’t miss this exclusive offer from us at Europe Active! This 6 day guided tour will enable you to walk from the delightful seaside town of Calvi to the top of Monte Cinto, the highest mountain in Corsica. All without the need for transfers. You will walk on some of the most beautiful footpaths in Corsica including the GR20 and the Mare e Monti.
You have the option of staying in a mixture of bedrooms and dormitories, or in bedrooms only (please see the 'Options' section).
Your day by day program
In the evening, you will meet your tour guide, who will talk you through the different stages of the trip.
You will have dinner in town and spend the night in your hotel.
Starting from Calvi, today’s wonderful walking circuit will act as a warm up and will enable you to meet the rest of the group. A fantastic itinerary awaits you, as you discover the Revellata peninsular and its lighthouse, overlooking the sea. Next, you will discover the Notre Dame de la Serra church and the surrounding landscape, which is dominated by metamorphic and curiously shaped boulders. Return to Calvi via another path.
Walking: about 7 hours.
Height gain: +770m.
Height loss: -770m.
In the morning, you will leave the seaside resort of Calvi and walk along the beach before heading inland. Today’s walk will take you to the start of the famous GR20. You will get to follow the GR20 before continuing on the Mare e Monti. Along the way, you will have several opportunities to swim in beautiful natural pools, before entering an area of forest where you will find your accommodation for the night.
Walking: 7 hours.
Height gain: +1010m.
Height loss: -490m.
In the morning, you will leave your accommodation and hit the trail. You will walk along paths, which cross the hills of the Balagne region, in order to join the GR20. The Carozzu refuge and the famous Spasimata footbridge will quickly come into sight. The path will then bring you to the lake of Muvrella, before reaching the foot of the highest mountain in Corsica.
Height gain: +1300m.
Height loss: -600m.
Success! Although not many people have actually "walked the walk", you will be one of the happy few to have successfully climbed the mountain from the sea to the summit. On the way down, you will follow a beautiful path amidst spectacular rocky landscapes, with stunning panoramic views of the island.
You will then return to your accommodation at the foot of the mountain and celebrate today’s achievement.
Height gain: +1400m.
Your holiday ends after breakfast.
Possible transfer to the train station in Ponte Leccia. Trains go to Calvi, Ajaccio and Bastia.
Everyday, according to your group wishes.
- Calvi. Meet at your hotel in the evening.
- Haut Asco. Possible transfer to the train station in Ponte Leccia. Trains go to Calvi, Ajaccio and Bastia.
- Three nights in gîtes d'étape (shared bedrooms) and two nights in dormitories and hotels (shared bedrooms). Please see below for the double rooms supplements.
- From eight
- You need to be in great physical condition and should be used to hiking in the mountains. Walks: 6-9 hours a day on rough terrain.
- Plan 15kg luggage allowance for your main bag transported by vehicle and 5kg for your every day bag (including water).
- Supplement for nights in double (or twin) bedrooms : 124€
- Full-board from day 1 to day 5 (breakfast only on the sixth day), nights in gîtes d'étape and hotels, luggage transfers, tour guide.
- Personal travel insurance, transfers to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, personal expenses.