Don’t miss this exclusive offer from us at Europe Active! This 6 day tour will enable you to walk from the delightful seaside town of Calvi to the top of Monte Cinto, the highest mountain in Corsica. All without the need for transfers. You will walk on some of the most beautiful footpaths in Corsica including the GR20 and the Mare e Monti.
You have the option of staying in a mixture of bedrooms and dormitories, or in bedrooms only (please see the 'Options' section).
Your day by day program
Once you arrive in Calvi, you will have a chance to settle into your hotel and explore your surroundings.
You will spend the night in your hotel.
On this first walking day, you will stay in Calvi for a warming up trek to the highest peak overlooking the beautiful town. The views from Capu a Veta are stunning towards the mountains as well as the coast and the citadel. You can then enjoy one of the beautiful hidden creeks near Calvi and the lively centre with its beautiful port.
Walking: 5 hours 10.
Height gain: +665m.
Height loss: -675m.
In the morning, you will leave the seaside resort of Calvi and walk along the beach before heading inland. Today’s walk will take you to the start of the famous GR20. You will get to follow the GR20 before continuing on the Mare e Monti. Along the way, you will have several opportunities to swim in beautiful natural pools, before entering an area of forest where you will find your accommodation for the night.
Walking: 7 hours.
Height gain: +1010m.
Height loss: -490m.
In the morning, you will leave your accommodation and hit the trail. You will walk along paths, which cross the hills of the Balagne region, in order to join the GR20. The Carozzu refuge and the famous Spasimata footbridge will quickly come into sight. The path will then bring you to the lake of Muvrella, before reaching the foot of the highest mountain in Corsica.
Height gain: +1300m.
Height loss: -598m.
Success! Although not many people have actually "walked the walk", you will be one of the happy few to have successfully climbed the mountain from the sea to the summit. On the way down, you will follow a beautiful path amidst spectacular rocky landscapes, with stunning panoramic views of the island.
You will then return to your accommodation at the foot of the mountain and celebrate today’s achievement.
Walking: 7 hours.
Height gain: +1400m.
Height loss: -1400m.
Your holiday ends after breakfast.
Possible transfer to the train station in Ponte Leccia. Trains go to Calvi, Ajaccio and Bastia.
Everyday from mid june to mid september
- Calvi. Meet at your hotel in the evening.
- Haut Asco. Possible transfer to the train station in Ponte Leccia. Trains go to Calvi, Ajaccio and Bastia.
- Three nights in gîtes d'étape (shared bedrooms) and two nights in hotels (shared bedrooms). Please see below for double rooms supplements.
- From two.
- You need to be in great physical condition and should be used to hiking in the mountains. Walks: 6-9 hours a day on rough terrain.
- Plan 15kgs luggage allowance for your main bag transported by vehicle and 5kgs for your everyday bag (including water).
- Supplement for nights in double (or twin) bedrooms : 124€
- Trip without luggages transfers : -150€
- 5 breakfasts, 3 lunches and 3 dinners, nights in gîtes d'étape and hotels, luggage transfers,maps.
- Personal travel insurance, transfers to the meeting point and from the point of dispersal, personal expenses.